Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Team

     Hi guys..... now, you've occasionally heard my rants or raves about NFL players and where they stand in the world of fantasy football. You've heard me warn of collapses (Sidney Rice, Donovan McNabb) and of huge breakouts, (Dalton, Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald). So you've probably wondered what players are on my team...so here is my team and my explanation for each.

QB: Matt Schaub, Texans: I chose him because he was sitting there in round 5, which I thought was great value for a player of his caliber. (My projections have him throwing for over 4,000 yards and 25 TDs.)

RB: Ray Rice, Ravens: I'm in a PPR league, so running backs who play a role in the passing game are always a critical piece of a team. I think he will have a season with over 1,500 yds rushing and 300 yds receiving.

Tim Hightower, Redskins:  I'm thinking he'll have a breakout year, though I am cautious to say he will always get the bulk of the carries with Roy Helu on the team.

Chris Wells, Cardinals: No competition, it's his last chance to live up to his draft spot and potential.

Also on roster: Darren Sproles, Ben Tate.

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals: Huge player, I think he has a chance to be the best at his position with Kolb at the helm.

Miles Austin, Cowboys: Consistent producer, on pace for an awesome season.

Also on roster: Chad Ochocinco, Anquan Boldin, Jerome Simpson

TE: Ron Gronkowski, Patriots: Brady's favorite redzone target, and he gets the catches and yards of a wide receiver.

I don't think it is necessary to list a reason why I picked my kickers and defense, because I think their potential depends on the team they are playing. My kicker is Neil Rackers, and I have the Redskins D.

No comments:

Post a Comment